Coaches - Registration
Contact Shari Bilkie: email@example.com
Spring is just around the corner and so is our second season of baseball at the Miracle League of Plymouth, Bilkie Family Field. Of course without the help of our special volunteers, the league would not be able to run on its own. This is where we need you! Please consider donating your time to be a “buddy” to one of our players, coach a team, work in the concession stand or “ump” a game.
This year we will be using the on-line volunteer website “volunteerspot.com,” so that our helpers can easily sign up for the days, times and activities that they would like to participate in. The site will be accepting volunteers the beginning of April.
If you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Shari Bilkie @ firstname.lastname@example.org soon as possible. We need approximately 16 coaches this season to lead our teams on to victory. Although it is a time consuming activity, it is definitely worth it. The smiles on the children’s faces as they hit the ball, run the bases and cross home plate are priceless.
- Coordinates team activities with Assistant Coach and Team Parent
- Verifies that each player has a signed registration formEnsures that each player receives a uniform
- Provides players families with game schedules
- Maintains regular contact with players and their families to provide information on upcoming events or schedule changes
- Communicates concerns regarding specific players to the League Director
- Arrives at field 30 minutes prior to game time
- Provides copies of team line-up to umpire and announcer before each game (player's name and number
- Manages team equipment and ensures its arrival before each game
- Assists players as they cross home plate
- Ensures that the game keeps moving to avoid running past the start time for the next scheduled game
Source: The Miracle League